It is recommended to avoid disagreement in business with customers or potential partners unless there simply is no other option. Always consider the relationships- how do you feel when someone tells you “No”?
“I’m afraid” = the truth is a sad fact. Use as an apology.
“I’m sorry” = clear apology
“I have to” = it’s an obligation
- No (too strong – if possible, do not use!)
- Nah (informal)
- I disagree (too strong – if possible, do not use!)
- I have to disagree (weaker)
- I’m afraid I disagree (even weaker)
- I’m afraid I have to disagree (weakest – recommended!)
- I’m not sure that’s possible = I don’t know!
- I’m sorry that’s not possible
- That’s not possible (stronger)
- That’s just not possible (stronger)
- That’s out of the question (very strong)
- That’s absolutely out of the question (extremely strong – do not use)
Try to avoid using any of these expressions and use part agreement instead.
Also, try suggesting